Comprehensive toolkit that any transitioning executive, leader, sponsor, hiring manager, HR department, or board can use to facilitate a successful and accelerated transition.
The toolkit includes important activities, meetings, and plans for transitioning leaders to conduct at prestart, week 1, 30 days, 60 days, and 90 day milestones.
The toolkit also provides tools for the hiring manager and organization to use to support the transitioning leader.
The toolkit includes a total of 23 tools and includes:
- Templates for 90 day and 6 month transition plans
- Meeting agenda templates for critical alignment, expectations, and feedback meetings between the transitioning leader and their leader
- General support the organization should provide the leader prestart
- HR support to be provided to the leader prestart
- Stakeholder list for who the transitioning leader should meet with in first few weeks
- Transition sponsor (hiring manger) role and duties
- Prestart preparation the leader should conduct
- A video of what exactly to focus on during transition
- Transition pitfalls to avoid
- Pharses/wording to avoid during transition
- Transition stakeholder meeting guide and questions
- Trust building techniques
- Early communications and meetings advice
- How to assess the culture, norms, politics, and organization
- Agenda for conducting a new leader integration team session
- How to create a vision and communicate it
- Change management reminders
- How to assess the talent of your direct reports
- Assessing stakeholder relationships